Friday, August 16, 2019

Another year, another hairstyle

Changed my hairdresser for the first time in over 30 years. Wish it wasn't such a yellow picture, as I rather like it.

Fancy being vain enough at 91 to want a new profile picture for Facebook! Did you ever notice that once
there are grandchildren about Granny seldom gets her picture taken ... and I daresay Grandpa has the same problem.

The going is beginning to get hard now, and I've had to resort to a stairlift. Thank goodnes arthritis has not entirely destroyed my skill as a touch typist ... I mean of course, the old fashioned kind of touch typing,  without looking at the keys, not typing by touch on the screen of a hand-held device.

I didn't get my first computer till I was 70, and it has given me so much joy. But the brain tires as well as the body, and that is even more saddening. My GP has done a simple memory test for early signs of dementia, but apparently I scored OK in that. However, short of dementia, memory loss can still be very troublesome. 

Well, there is still laundry to be done, and washing up, and I only manage about a 12-hour day, so a cuppa and something nice to eat is next on the list.

If anyone actually reads this, it would be a great delight to hear from you. I hope there is still a functioning system for making comments. I don't think I shall ever work out how to do this properly again. Blessings to all!

 

5 comments:

Avus said...

Very good to hear from you Judith (it's been a long time). Bloggers seem few these days - they seem to all have transferred to more "slick" and easy social media. But some of us soldier on in spite of the few return comments.

I am now a mere 80 years old and after a stroke I find activities a bit curtailed. However I keep on cycling (doctor says it is helps to keep arthritic limbs supple) albeit I have graduated to an electrically assisted bike as my left leg/foot is weak since the stroke.

Keep on keeping on! (to quote Alan Bennett) and my very best wishes!

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

Seriously?
You look bouta dapper 60, miss gorgeous
Seriously.
I'd love to date you Upstairs.
GBY

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

...and that offer still stands,
miss gorgeous...

Sebastian said...

Very well written. I like it very much.

Anuj Kumar Prajapati said...

Great Blog, thanks for sharing.

read our blog Anujkrp UP SE Designer