Monday, May 04, 2009

Holiday journal : 8 April - At the Mill

.
Ric is a street theatre performer, working sometimes on his own and sometimes in a group. For this he needs to have rehearsal space, and he has rented the whole first floor of a disused mill near his home. He also makes the space available to other performing groups, and this is apparently much appreciated: one member of this group came up to be introduced, and asked "Are you Ric's Mum?" "Yes" I said. He waited a couple of beats then said "Thankyou!" in a heartfelt manner. Now isn't that a pretty compliment, to me and my son? Ric took us along to watch another group rehearsing.


















Gracie and Satya are working with hoops























Jago is using glo-hoops to create this effect






















My grandson seems to be heading for a career as a Charlie Chaplin imitator!




FOOTNOTE ~















Enlarge the picture to see what is hanging on the telephone wires in the main square of Hebden Bridge!

3 comments:

Sheila Joynes' Musical Diary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheila Joynes' Musical Diary said...

I don't know what the attraction is in throwing shoes like that - apart from annoying the owner! - but I have a similar picture taken in the middle of Worcester so it must be the "thing to do".

Sounds like an interesting trip so far!

annie said...

Reminds me of the "OLD SHOE" song and publicity campaign in the movie WAG THE DOG ( matter of fact, politics for the last eight years reminds me of WAG THE DOG ).

Good to have you back, Judith.
annie # 3